Friday 10 October 2014

Cruelty free travel makeup bag essentials


Hello everyone, long time no see! Since I returned from my Amsterdam trip I've been a little bit busy getting used to my usual work routine and spending time with friends/boyfriend. The huge post about my trip will be up as soon as I finish editing videos and photos (oh I have a lot of them, believe me). But for now, here's "What's in my travel bag?" post which I've wanted to do for ages.

Actually, I hate taking a lot of stuff. When you're travelling only with your hand luggage, you don't want your makeup bag to be heavy. Also on holiday I'm trying to apply my makeup very quickly, because I don't want other people to wait for me like 2 hours to get ready.
 
Eyes
While all beauty world's raving about new Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette, I continue to love my Naked Basics one. Naked2 Basics has more cool toned shadows, but personally I don't find it THAT different from the first one, so I don't see point in getting two Basics palettes at the same time. Just buy one of these babies and I promise - you won't regret!
Honestly, Basics one palette is the best beauty investment I've ever made. It's such a multifunctional makeup product - with 5 matte and 1 satin colors you create both day and night looks, fill your eyebrows with Naked or Faint and use Crave as eyeliner. All colors blend easily and are very pigmented. While being very compact (12 x 7 x 1.5 cm) it has big mirror which is indispensable tool during trip. A+ for Urban Decay.

The mascara I'm using at the moment is GOSH Catchy Eyes (Provocateur) Mascara. It has plastic curved wand which separates, curls and gives your lashes enough of volume.
My lashes are pretty long and have natural curl, so usually I'm looking for volumizing mascara, but after observing different GOSH mascaras in the shop, I decided to buy this one. When you pull out wand from the tube, it has just enough of product on it (unfortunately, not all GOSH mascaras can offer the same). It isn't waterproof, so it can smudge in contact with water. All in all, I pretty like this one - it  makes my eyes look bigger, it doesn't smudge during the day and you can wear it with contact lenses. Also it's quite cheap, I think I got it for 8 euro or something.
 
Since I want my eye shadows to be in place all day long, I'm using UD Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion. After trying other eye shadow primers (e.l.f., Make Up Store, etc), I came to conclusion that this one works best for me. Primer Potion will secure your eye shadows to stay in place for 20+ hours or even more. It's quite pricey, but Feelunique.com offers travel size + it often goes on sale.
 
Face and lips
I'm using Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation in Warm Peach and e.l.f. Mineral Primer (clear) which I adore for it's price and for not making my skin feeling greasy.
 
Usually I take two different blushes with me - one is more orangey and the second one is more pinky to match my lipsticks (I take 2-3 lipstick with me). Nars Niagara Lipstick is coral pink lipstick which looks perfect with cheeks painted with Illamasque Hussy Powder Blush. Bright pink Nyx Louisiana Lipstick looks good with NARS Orgasm blush or with my newly bought Nyx Paradise Mosaic Blush.
 
What makeup products do you take with you on holiday?
 

2 comments:

  1. So many great recommendations! Ever since I went cruelty free I've been trying to find a new favorite lipstick formula. .. think I might try NARS next :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NARS has such great variety of different colors and formulas, I'd totally recommend to get one of their lipsticks :) Niagara is coral pink with satin finish and it's the most used lipstick of mine - I just can't get enough of it! The only con is its high price, but sometimes we need to treat ourselves, don't we? ;)

      Delete