Wednesday 15 October 2014

Review: Lush D'fluff Shaving Soap

I know that summer season is over and maybe instead of writing a review on shaving product I need to focus on berry color lipsticks, but listen me out. 

All my life I've been shaving my legs with shower gel foam, not really thinking about getting proper shaving cream, but a rush of reviews on this Lush new product this summer made me buy a bin to try. At first, I wasn't impressed much. While it left my skin feeling moisturized, it had very strong scent (mix of strawberries + vanilla? a little bit difficult to describe) which I could feel even hours after shaving. Since I'm sensitive to strong scents, I didn't like it that much. I tried to shave more delicate places with this soap, hoping that it will reduce irritation like it promises, but nope, not much luck here.

BUT THEN! After using it for one month, my skin got used to this shaving cream - now there's no irritation at all even if shaving places with sensitive skin. I also got used to smell and it doesn't bother me much. Actually now I can't imagine shaving without D'Fluff :)

Pros:
- it moisturizes skin well
- if you shave for 1-2 times weekly, 150g bin will last for more than 2 months since you don't need a lot of product to apply
- reduces irritation (but it may take some time for your skin to get used to it)
- it's 100% cruelty free!
- doesn't contain parabens
- suitable for vegans

Cons:
- not everyone will like how it smells
- kinda pricey, 13.60€ for 150g


Have you tried D'fluff? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment