Monday 12 January 2015

Lush Honey Trap lip balm

I went to Lush store the other day to re-purchase my favorite Coalface cleanser and ended up buying Honey Trap lip balm too. As you know, I've promised myself to stop making impulsive buys, but sometimes you just need to treat yourself. And I'm glad that I did, because Honey Trap is the best lip balm ever. Combination of honey, shea butter, beewax, white chocolate and different oils makes your lips soft, very moisturized and protected from cold winter wind. I still love my lip balms from Hurraw! but apparently they don't give me enough of moisture :(

The package isn't hygienic because you have to dip your finger into tin in order to get product, however you get 8g of lip balm so no complains here. Honey Trap has very strong smell of honey and mint and if you don't like harsh scents I guess it's better to avoid this product. Personally I love how it smells and it doesn't bother me at all (I can feel it only when applying lip balm on the lips).
Ingredients: Fair Trade Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Chocolate, Glycerine, Flavour, Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil, Oatmeal, Peppermint Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Sweet Wild Orange Oil*, Limonene

You know, I was under impression that all Lush lip balms contained methylparaben in it. Despite Lush' claims that parabens are safe to use, you still don't want to have something that may lead to cancer in your products - especially in your lip balm, especially when there's a lot of cheaper alternatives that don't contain parabens in it. I googled a little and found out that not long time ago Honey Trap did contain methylparaben and that the tin was 10g. It's sad that now you get much less of product for the same price, but it's good news that Lush decided to change their formulas.

This lip balm isn't suitable for vegans since there's beewax in it (sorry, guys!) and price is quite high (7 euro anyone?), but still your lips will thank you if you treat them to Honey Trap. I'd totally recommend this product especially if you live in the Northern country like me.

Have you tried Lush lip balms?

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea they're now 8g instead of 10g. How crappy of Lush and what a ripoff. It's cool to see the Estonian packaging though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really disappointing that there's less product now :(

      Delete
  2. This sounds gorgeous! Also I'd love to read a review of coalface as I've been thinking of buying it :) Is it good for blackheads? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coalface is really good product! Last summer I had an awful breakout, but combination of Coalface + Love salad fresh mask (also from Lush) saved my skin. I don't really believe that there are any skincare products in the world that will help you get rid of blackheads and make large pores smaller, but Coalface cleans skin very thoroughly and prevents formation of new pimples. It might dry the skin out though (especially during cold months), but still I use it every time I need to clean my face from makeup. Totally recommend! :)

      Delete