Sunday 18 January 2015

Personal notes #1

I know that this blog should be focused on makeup, but maybe it won't hurt much if sometimes I will post something personal, right?

So, what was good so far?


1. I don't really believe in "New Year = New Me" stuff, but I this year I've decided to treat my skin/hair more than I did last year and bought a few things from Antipodes, Out Of Africa, Badger Company, Dr. Hauschka, Paul Mitchell and Avalon Organics. All brands are cruelty free with 100% vegan Out of Africa. I'm still waiting for packages to come and hopefully more reviews are coming to mymakeupiscrueltyfree.

2. I'm marathoning all movies nominated for Oscar Academy Awards 2015. Going to see Birdman today and Whiplash next week, so excited for them both. I also saw Unbroken - movie directed by Angelina Jolie about the life of USA Olympian and athlete Louis Zamperini. Despite bad comments on imdb, I did enjoy the movie and it made me think a lot of things about the Pacific War. You know, all my life I've been studying Japanese language/culture and I lived in Tokyo for one year, so everything Japan-related has my interest. Now I really want to read Eien no 0 ("The Eternal Zero") a novel by Naoki Hyakuta about Japanese soldier who volunteered for Kamikaze Attack.

3. I'm not all that in youtube videos, preferring to read blogs, but this lady has caught my attention recently. Laci Green talks about sex, body images, feminism, relationships and more. Her videos are funny, informative and short (which is important fact for me lol). Love her so much :)

4. The 5th season of my most favorite tv-show Shameless has started!! Oh, I've waiting for this moment for so long. It's so good to have your favorite characters back and I'm really excited to see what the Gallaghers will be going through this time. If you don't know, Shameless is Showtime tv-show revolving around an alcoholic man and his six children in the poorest part of Chicago.

5. Fall Out Boy will be releasing their new album "American Beauty/American Psycho" on the 19th of January, but you can listen their songs on their youtube channel. I don't know how it's even possible, but EVERY SONGS IS SO GOOD. I can't even pick the most favorite one. I saw them live in Russia two years ago and I really hope to see them again in the nearest future.

6. I can't stop watching reviews on new Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette. I don't really need it in my in life, because I already own two neutral eye shadow palettes, but there's something very appealing about this one (so many matte shades, for example). Maybe one day, maybe one day.

How was your life recently?


2 comments:

  1. I'm also on a quest to watching all the Oscar-nominated movies! So far I only watched Foxcatcher yesterday and I'm going to watch The Theory of Everything in a little bit! I did the same last year and it was a lot of fun, except the movies seem better this year so I'm super excited here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, watching Oscar-nominated movies is fun, I did the same thing last year too, haha! Did you like Foxcatcher? I watched it yesterday and still have confused feelings about this movie...

      Delete