Monday 3 November 2014

Current

- I've finally finished reading Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy. I love books which can capture your attention from the first page to the end - I couldn't stop reading The Hunger Games until it was last page of the third book. I also watched two movies yesterday - it was okay, but the original was better, because when you read it's like you actually live character's lives, feel their emotions (I actually was the same terrified as Katniss when she was thrown into arena for the first time). I don't know, but usually books leave much bigger impression on me than movies or tv-shows.

- Got Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Creator just in time for Halloween. It's beautiful black with golden glitter in it. Applies easily and dries out quickly. Can't say anything about removing it, because I used it only one time and it's still on my nails. Cruelty free and the most expensive nail polish in my small collection (15 euro with discount, wtf).

- Since A/W lip colors are very popular in beauty bloggers community lately I gave in and bought myself Make Up Store matte lipstick in 401. It's dark plum color and application is quite difficult because you need to have an ideal lips. Lip scrub (I use e.l.f. exfoliator) + lip transparent pencil (e.l.f. Lip lock) + lip brush + lipstick from the tube + blotting lips with a tissue = this is a formula to get a great look with this product (takes some time). I'll post more swatch photos later.

- Natural deodorants don't work for me. I tried both solid and liquid Crystal deodorant and it made me more smelly and sweaty than ever. I ordered travel size of Schmidt's Natural Deodorant from their etsy store, but since I'll sweat to death waiting for parcel from USA to reach Estonia, I've decided to buy deodorant from non cruelty free company. It wasn't an easy decision and I'm still feeling guilty :(

2 comments:

  1. Aww you shouldn't feel guilty! You're already putting so much effort into buying cruelty-free somewhere where it's not as easy. It's too bad the crystal deo didn't work out for you, it keeps me smell-free for the whole day as long as I'm not too active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for late reply! It did work in the beginning but after some time it stopped :( I've read some articles saying that body can get used to deodorant and it won't have the same effect as before... In other news, I received Schmidt's deodorant few days ago - I haven't tried it yet, but Bergamot + Lime definitely smells delicious! xx

      Delete